Please consider signing up for a HandShake account – even if you are not currently in a job search. HandShake at Centenary University will allow you access to webinars, information sessions and other educational content, on a wide-variety of topics, that may of be interest to you.
Creating a Handshake Account
- Go to JoinHandshake.com.
- You do not need a Centenary email address including a .edu. As a Centenary alum, type in your personal email and click Sign Up.
- At the next screen – Let’s Find Your Next Job, type in your personal email address again. Click Next.
- Next add Centenary University as your school. Be sure not to select Centenary College of Louisiana as it’s the first school that shows up when you begin typing. Click Next.
- Choose a password and agree to the Terms of Service, then click Create Account.
- You will be prompted to enter some information (name, major, month and year of graduation).
- Handshake will send you an email confirmation. After confirming your email, you can log in and choose a profile visibility option.
- Afterward you will be asked more questions regarding the type of job you are interested in, where you would like to work, full-time or part-time, but you can also opt to not reply to these questions if you are not job hunting.
- Once done you will arrive at your profile page.
- There you can click on Update My Profile and you can upload a resume, a photo of yourself and add any content you wish.